Sometimes Wellington leaves you little treats at your doorstep, like cats do with dead mice.
Today is one of those treats- super sunny and warm. I just finished eating breakfast (a burnt grilled cheese sandwich...hung over much?) on the steps, watching traffic and wearing only Camp Louise shorts, slippers and a hoodie.
Last night our one good flatmate and his metal band played at one of the clubs in town. Naturally, Alex and I had to get wasted. Our friend Keoni came along. We rocked out. Actually, I held my head and swayed to shield my eyes from migraine-inducing strobe lights, Keoni bobbed his head, and Alex jumped up and down. A good night all around.
So at like three Alex and I walked to McDonald's because we were starving and I can never say no to disgusting french fries, my heart's delight. I don't think I've ever seen anything so revolting in my life as this McDonald's. Not just the food- it's the same no matter where you are in the world (Except their ice cream is better in Spain.) but the sight. Shit was spilled all over the floor, I'm pretty sure some of it was vomit and some was pee, fries were mashed into the ground outside, and young drunk messes lolled around in the couches, cramming their mouths with processed meat, grease running down their chins. It was like the way Victorian authors describe opium dens. Or like a dystopia. Something that should be awesome but ends up being depressingly sordid. We left and went to Burger King, hoping it would be better. It had brighter lights, but that just revealed more beef juice on people's shirts and girls accidentally sitting too relaxed in ultra short skirts and all kinds of other things that make me feel so bad for everyone.
We went home and watched Reality Bites because Alex still dresses like it's the nineties and I secretly wish I were still eight years old.
I've got a massive headache bordering on a migraine and lots of work to do, but at least Wellington is making it up to me by dressing up for the day. I hope they cleaned that McDonald's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- November 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (1)
- February 2010 (2)
- January 2010 (6)
- December 2009 (12)
- November 2009 (7)
- October 2009 (14)
- September 2009 (6)
- August 2009 (1)
- July 2009 (2)
- June 2009 (6)
- May 2009 (2)
- April 2009 (2)
- March 2009 (4)
- February 2009 (4)
- January 2009 (1)
No comments:
Post a Comment