My process:
I added hot coffee to the gritty stuff because I read that will bring out browns, and also some cloves to make it smell extra yummy. (My hair still smells like them.)
Then, I heated the mixture up in a double boiler and let it sit, hot, for an hour while I showered and prepped my hair.
Next, I tried to brush in the henna goop using a hair dye brush from my flatmate's normal hair dye kit, but it was too sticky and gunky. So I grabbed handfuls of the stuff and plopped it on my head, mooshing it in with my gloved han
I rolled it into what looked like a dreadlock beehive, and let it sit, uncovered, for two hours.
This hurt my neck.
Then, I rinsed out the chunks in the sink, showered, and washed my hair a bunch.
When I dried it, I suddenly had coppery red hair. Amazing!
Before:
After:
Henna is super fun and super messy. It looks like poop, smells like Aveda products, and crumbs off your hair if you leave it uncovered. But it also makes your hair super shiny and lovely.
These pictures don't really do it justice, but I do look way different.
I'd call it success, even if my one flatmate made fun of me for wanting to be a 'ginger,' which is pronounced with 'g' noises instead of 'j' noises here (think: gehn-gurrr).
hahaha ginger, that is funny. your hair looks beautiful and I am so glad for the step by step process. I didn't take after photos last time cause I didn't think it looked very different. Does your hair feel thicker? I wonder if the color really will deepen after a few days like they say.
ReplyDeleteyeah i wanted to make sure i documented it all in case it went horribly wrong, so i could warn other people. i'm not sure if the coffee or cloves actually did anything or if they just placated me, because i was really worried that my hair would be tangerine with the caca rouge.
ReplyDeletemy hair doesn't feel thicker, but it definitely feels stronger, if that's possible.
did yours get super shiny, too? it's really awesome. i never noticed how dull my hair was previously.
i like it!!
ReplyDelete