Saturday, October 10, 2009

In like a Lion

Man, I hate spring. That's not totally true, but at home I hate having that one freak snowstorm at Easter, which always happens, no matter what day of the year Easter falls on. Or those days in May when it's forty when you wake up, like when we graduated from college. Ugh.
We're having a cold snap here, lots of Southerlies flying in from Antarctica and places like that. Awful. Gordy moved my baby silverbeet inside because it was getting picked on by hail. It's growing well, though. Turns out planting greens in the inside of a sidetable drawer was a good idea. Score one for me.


And here is my sage plant, which, as it sits in the sunniest window in the house, is oblivious to the cold and growing like crazy. I've already harvested enough leaves to kill it, but it's doubled in size since then.


Most of the henna has washed out of my hair. I would feel cheated by Lush, but I did only leave it in for the bare minimum amount of time and was super conservative about what color it would be. Apparently henna builds on itself, and I have half a block left, so sometime soon I'll do it over and leave it in overnight.

I might go out tonight for the first time in ages. My flatmate's all-girl rock band has their release party tonight, which is awesome, so I'll at least be out for a little while. I feel particularly out of touch with things when all I do is read about things that remotely pertain to my thesis and go to the gym. Speaking of which, has anyone read Henri Bergson and feel like explaining him to me? Lauren, perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. You are good at being interested in philosophers I know nothing about. Bergson likes to attack Kant's views, I could tell you about Kant's ethics but otherwise will be of no help. Did you see the article on the SEP yet? They're usually pretty good:
    http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/bergson/

    ReplyDelete