I've traveled down to the South Island for a week, and yes, the road trip felt a little bit like I was going to the American South. But I think that's just because I was on a bus for six hours after landing in Christchurch from Wellington, and it reminded me of eternally long bus rides to Florida when I was in high school. It's rural and the sun is strong.But now I'm in Dunedin visiting my friend M. So far we've eaten pizza and slept, since I got in so late. But soon we'll visit her frogs in her lab and Cadbury's factory and penguins and some big boulders in the ocean. Then we're going to Wanaka to visit Alex(girl) and see a huge lake and some mountains.
I'm excited for a road trip in a car this time.
I'll probably not post for awhile, so have a great week, everybody!
Ivy, you are right. On May 4th you told me about that movie and it wasn't on netflix instant watch and then I forgot. But I really like that it made me think of you in the same way :) I miss you, I wish we could go on a car road trip sooner than this summer. But let's definitely do it then
ReplyDeleteThought so. That movie is awesome!
ReplyDeleteHey yeah- this summer, let's go somewhere South or West, or Southwest. But I'd like to go to your namesake state, or maybe Louisiana, most of all.