Thursday, June 11, 2009

Consumption

I tend to think of my life in terms of objects. Not just like "skirt" and "toothpaste," but where I was the last time I wore that skirt or how my life will be different when I finish that tube of toothpaste. Our toothpaste generally lasts a few months, so Alex and I might be out of this apartment, out of the city, or just the same when it runs out. Does that happen to other people? I feel like I might just be that bourgeois- I think in terms of things to buy and use and buy again, maybe. Or it could just be normal. I wonder what I'll be doing when I finish this chai rose flavored chapstick I really don't like?

Anyway, here's the view from my office at school.

2 comments:

  1. haha Ivy
    chai rose sounds so good, though!
    I do the clothing thing, all the time. Not the toothpaste thing as much. But you know I love products like soap and makeup. Mostly soap. I just started using the soap I used to get at the Collegeville dollar store again and I'm pretty sure it's making people like me better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't chai rose sound just oh so good? In reality, it smells and tastes like citronella.
    I'm glad you do this, too, but we're both pretty into buying things.

    ReplyDelete