Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sultanas v. Raisins


WTF??

The internet is telling me that all dried grapes are raisins, and that sultanas are either golden raisins, seedless raisins (I never have eaten a raisin with seeds, have you?), or made from white grapes or a specific type of grape called sultanas. That leaves quite a lot of room for error.

Having eaten sultana bran, I can tell you the only noticeable difference is not in the fruit, but the bran flakes. They are thicker here, more like handmade pasta v. machine made. And they don't really get soggy in the milk. To tell you the truth, despite the no-sog benefits, I prefer lighter, crunchier flakes. These little guys hurt my teeth.

I guess, looking at the box again, maybe these are golden raisins. They look a little light. But I always add extra to my cereal, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment