Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wild Things

It's weird to watch a kid's book turn into a movie about adult issues, but I guess maybe that was the book all along?
Anyway, Wild Things was good, but I couldn't help feeling like instead of capturing how awesome and childlike and spooky the illustrations made you feel they just updated it for twenty-somethings and made you feel like a troubled twenty-something. I guess it's from when we were little-ish and we were the audience, but I dunno. Something about the way the movie was presented just made me feel weird. Probably it's just Alex's cynicism. I still cried like a baby when they self-consciously tugged on my heartstrings.
I do love how beautiful some of the scenes were, especially when the camera wasn't shaking so much it made me dizzy. And some of the monsters had epic boogers.

No comments:

Post a Comment